- The APECS Mentorship Award is scheduled on Tuesday from 3:15 to 3:45 PM EST
The Association of Polar Early Career Researchers Canada and the ArcticNet Student Association presents the APECS Canada-ASA Mentor Award annually. This award is given to an individual, nominated by their mentees, who has made significant contributions to the mentoring and fostering of polar early career researchers across Canada.
- Polar Knowledge Canada’s 2020 Northern Science Award will be presented on Wednesday from 3:30 to 3:45 PM EST
- Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami’s Inuit Recognition Award will take place on Thursday from 3:15 to 3:45 PM EST
The focus of this award is to recognize Inuit who are making strong efforts towards meaningful Inuit involvement in Arctic research. Inuit partners will recognize one recipient who has shown excellence in the area of Arctic research.
- The annual Arctic Science Poster to Publication Award will be presented during the Poster Award Ceremony on Thursday evening from 5:30 to 6:15 PM EST
Arctic Science is an interdisciplinary open access journal that publishes peer reviewed natural and applied science related to northern polar regions and traditional knowledge of Indigenous peoples of the region. The journal is published by Canadian Science Publishing, an independent not-for-profit publisher.
The second annual Arctic Science Poster to Publication Award will award three winners in the categories of Terrestrial, Marine, and Indigenous science with waived a Article Processing Charge (value of $1575) to publish their work in Arctic Science. The winners are selected by the Arctic Science Editors-in-Chief based on the quality of the science, imagery, and scope of the project.
- Inuit Partnership of Excellence Student Poster Award will be presented via Live stream by ITK during the Poster Award Ceremony on Thursday evening from 5:30 to 6:15 PM EST