We would like to invite you to participate in the ASM2020 Student Day elevator pitch contest!
In order to be eligible for the prizes, please follow these key rules:
- Presentations must be in English
- Presentations are limited to one minute
- Your video must be recorded on a smartphone (no DLSRs, etc.)
- Your video must contain your name, institution, position, and the title of your presentation. Other relevant information or content (logos, pictures, graphs, results. etc.) can be included in your slide as you see fit
- Your video needs to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 15th at 11pm EST
The three prizes will be awarded based on evaluation by a variety of judges focusing on these criteria:
- Speech clarity (Could you hear the speaker properly and clearly? How was their speed of delivery?)
- Language clarity (Could you understand the terminology?)
- Content 1 (Was there a clear structure? E.g. intro, framing of issue, methods, results, implications)
- Content 2 (Appropriate amount of information and depth)
- General 1 (Clear narrative in a logical order)
- General 2 (Clear take-home message)
- Engagement (Was the presenter excited about their work? Were they engaging?)
- Enticement (Did the presenter entice you to want to know more about their research?)
The People’s Choice Award will be voted by a poll that will be sent out on November 15. All presentations will be recorded and uploaded onto the ASA YouTube channel to allow all ASM2020 attendees to view the elevator pitch contest. Register at: https://tinyurl.com/y4ryovmr
Register by October 15, 2020.
Once again, we really appreciate your interest in the elevator pitch contest and are happy to answer any questions that you may have.